pátek 24. srpna 2012

Why I Love And Hate Macbook Air

What do I like:
  1. The antidust black rubber on the lid. It works.
  2. The LED on lid signalizing that the camera is working. When it's not turn on, the LED is almost invisible. Nice touch.
  3. The laptop is silent when not used on 100%.
  4. I love the SSD. It's small (now I would choose 256GB) but fast. 
What do I dislike:
  1. The build in camera is noisy. But it is excusable as it has to be really thin (just 1mm or so) to fit into the lid.
  2. The speakers are surprisingly loud and clear. Of course they miss depth of HiFi system as we are still talking about a laptop. But still I am impressed as you can fill whole room with music from this laptop. The only annoying problem I have with the audio on Macbook Air is that it takes 3 seconds after headphone plugging until the sound is actually redirected to the headphones. This lag is irritating on otherwise lag-less laptop.
  3. The power socket has the same size as USB. And that's bad as I sometimes plug USB cable into the power socket and then I wonder why the printer doesn't work :). But Apple solved this issue in 2012 version by making the power socket wider and thinner. Alleluia.
  4. Aluminum is cold and unpleasant to touch.But I expected that and covered the laptop with leather.
  5. No Ethernet. Hence I have to use an ugly USB pigtail.
  6. Only 4GB of RAM. But there have been some special versions with 8GB. 
  7. The SD card reader is not deep enough to hide the card completely. Hence the card is sticking out from the laptop by 1 cm. And once I have cracked a card in the reader because of that. And you can't use the slot to conveniently expand the disk size.  

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat