čtvrtek 17. února 2011

How to remove Synaptics Instructional Video popup

For last days I have been irritated by Synaptics Instructional Video popup. Whenever I have forgotten myself and pressed the top right part of the touchpad for a few seconds, "SynNoButtons.wmv" video was replayed in Windows Media Player. After a while of searching I found a solution:

Open "Control Panel" and click on "Mouse". Under the mouse properties , click on the last tab "Device Settings". Click "Settings" to pull up the "Synaptics Properties" window. Select "Tapping" and you will see a Gear and a Question Mark on the right side. The Gear allows you to go into "Tapping Settings." If you have Tapping unchecked, you cannot access these settings, but they will still be in effect. This was what was keeping me from finding how to disable this. Click into this and you can either uncheck "Enable tapping zones" or change the very last drop down box (with Top Right Action) to "No Zone". Proceed to back out, uncheck Tapping again if you so desire, and compute annoyance free.

18 komentářů:

  1. thank you! that video has been driving me crazy!!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Thanks! It was really annoying :D

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. Big Thanks from Russia, Mate!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. Thank you very much. This video has been annoying me for weeks, until I found this entry.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  5. bravo! this was driving me absolutely batty! shame on synaptics for making this setting so obscure, and so entirely likely to drive the sanest people into utter madness.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  6. thank you, this was a very stupid feature

    OdpovědětVymazat
  7. thank you very much it was the most annoying thing i have ever seen in my life offfffffffffffff

    OdpovědětVymazat
  8. Thanks from a Croat in Sydney, Australia. I ignored the tap-zone possiblity because I had tapping turned off, but luckily you have alerted us to the stupid inconsistency of their software design.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  9. Thank you very much! this video was annoying me until I found your post.

    Thanks again.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  10. شكرا انا كانت بضانى هتفرقع من الحوار ده

    OdpovědětVymazat
  11. Thanks from a french !!!!!!!!

    OdpovědětVymazat