Bootstrapping is a ridiculously overloaded word. It can have following meanings:
1) In real life: A loop of at the top rear of a boot to help in pulling the boot on.
2) In poesy: Accomplishing something without aid (“pull yourself up by the bootstraps”).
3) In Computer Science: A way how to load an operating system or an application.
4) In Mathematics: A way how to calculate confidence intervals.
5) In Business: How to start up a company.
6) In Finance: How to finance your company.
7) In Behavioural Science: Application of a model of man.
Sometimes it's confusing.